Acupuncture for Stress, Anxiety & Depression
Acupuncture has been used to treat emotional conditions for thousands of years, and many acupuncture points are indicated for emotional as well as physical health.
In a recent study at the Univeristy of York researchers found that acupuncture significantly reduced the severity of depression, and that these benefits were largely sustained for up to 12 months after treatment.
Acupuncture for insomnia
Sleep problems are estimated to affect one third of the UK population. The term insomnia describes a number of different sleep disorders arising from a variety of causes. Long term insomnia impacts mental and physical health.
Acupuncture has been used to help promote good sleep for thousands of years. We assess each individual to establish the root cause of the insomnia, and formulate our treatments accordingly.
Stress, anxiety and depression might present as:
- Overthinking and worry
- Difficulty concentrating
- Fatigue and poor motivation
- Over eating or other addictive habits
- Stress related digestive issues
- Palpitations and chest tightness
- Irritability/ difficulty controlling emotions
Insomnia might involve one or more of the following:
- Difficulty falling asleep
- Difficulty staying asleep
- Fatigue and poor daytime functioning
- Night sweats
- A state of hyperactivity during day and night
- Dream disturbed, unsatisfying sleep
- Non refreshing sleep
For Stress, Anxiety & Insomnia